Before you begin
This article covers how to create a standard integration using the Cyara Integration Hub, for more detailed walkthroughs on how to integrate to a specific service such as Splunk, ServiceNow or Jira click the links below.
Before you create an integration, ensure that the Integration Hub is first enabled, and that you have created an Impersonation User to access the Cyara API, click the links below for more information.
Creating an Integration
To create an integration to a 3rd party service, follow the steps below.
- Login to your Cyara Portal and click on the Tools > Integrations menu in the top toolbar.
- Here you will see a list of your previously configured integrations
- Click on New Integration to start building.
- Select the Type from the available drop down menu.
- Integrations are split into three main Types (Accelerators, Incidents and Log Aggregators). Each integration type will offer different fields for mapping Cyara platform data to. For more information on the differences between integration types, read the Integration Types article.
- Enter a Name for the integration and select an Impersonation User if needed (Currently only the Splunk integration requires an Impersonation User).
- For most integrations you will be prompted to enter an API URL of the service that you're integrating with, as well as some login credentials to authenticate the REST requests that Integration Hub will make.
- In the Field Selection section, you can map Cyara data to fields within the 3rd party application. For standard integration types such as Jira, ServiceNow and Splunk, Cyara has pre-configured the field types and they are available in the dropdown menu as follows.
- Alternatively you can create a custom field mapping using the New Custom Field button. When entering a new custom field you will be prompted for the following information.
- A Field Name. This is the property name to be sent to the external service.
- A Display Name. This is the name for the field shown when a user creates an incident.
- A Field Type. Select the appropriate type from the available dropdown. A Choice for multiple fixed values. A Single or Multiple line text input or use Lookup for values that are built using an API call.
- Field Value. This can either be a constant or a template for the integration to send to the external service. For a Choice field enter these as comma separated values, the first value will be used as the default.
- The final checkboxes allow you to configure field properties such as Required, Read-Only and Overridable.
- Enter each field that requires mapping and click Save Details.